Project Code: KPF18CHF04 （項目代碼：KPF18CHF04）
Project Title: Realizing children’s potential in language development: input and intervention 「發揮兒童在語言發展中的潛力：輸入和干預」
Funding source: Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Fund (SIE Fund), HKSAR Government 社會創新及創業發展基金 (社創基金)
Trilingualism in Early Childhood: Production and Comprehension
Childhood Bilingualism Research Centre and CUHK-PKU-UST Joint Research Centre for
Language and Human Complexity are conducting a research on investigating how infants growing up in Hong Kong process three particular languages (Cantonese, Mandarin and English).
We are looking for infants who meet the following conditions and their parents to participate in this study:
- Born at 38 weeks pregnant or later whose main residence is in Hong Kong
- Age from 7 months old to 23 months old
- Have never been diagnosed with hearing problem or any neurological disease or psychiatric disorder and do not take medication that affects the brain; their parents and siblings have never been diagnosed with any language disorder; mother is healthy throughout pregnancy, at birth and after birth; no severe complications has been recorded/identified.
The details for the study are as follow:
- Children will watch a video with audio lasts for around 5 minutes with parental accompaniment
- Parents will finish a questionnaire for evaluating the first language vocabulary size of the participants (around 50 minute for a monolingual child)
- Participants will receive $100 supermarket coupon/hour for their contribution, as well as a certificate by the Childhood Bilingualism Research Centre will be issued
Location: 4/F, Hui Yeung Shing Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Time: Saturday (10:00am – 7:00pm), by appointment
If you are interested in this experiment, please fill in the online application form: https://goo.gl/forms/TRSr0KAlF8KpMacz1
We will contact you for scheduling the time and date of the test. Please contact Miss Scarlet Li at 3943 5529 during office hours or firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiry.